Friday, December 30, 2011

Meet Kacey from Stay at Home Artist


1. How did you start crafting?
I've always loved to create. I drew constantly as a little girl, made friendship bracelets and keychains to sell to neighborhood kids in elementary school, took every art class I could through middle and high school, and earned a degree in Art Education K-12 in college. After teaching art in public school for 3 years and privately for 2, I'm now teaching myself how to sew, learning to use some different graphic design programs, and running an Etsy shop. It seems natural for someone like me to write a crafty blog....creativity plays such a huge role in my life.


2. What's your favorite style?
That's a tough one! It's always fun to try out new trends and experiment with different styles. That's what keeps crafting fresh and interesting, I think. I would describe my general style as a combination of contemporary and traditional with a dash of whimsy. :)


3. Besides crafting, what are your other hobbies?
Reading is my other life-long love. There's nothing like devouring a good book. I also love to watch sports--especially basketball and the Olympics. But mostly I enjoy hanging out with my husband. We're total home bodies, so we spend a lot of evenings snuggled up on the couch watching our favorite shows on Netflix or cheering on our favorite sports teams.


Kacey's Blog: www.stayathomeartist.com
Kacey's Pinterest: pinterest.com/kaceface/
Kacey's Etsy Shop: kaceface.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment