Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Guest Judge -- Rachel with Maybe Matilda

You can still vote for your favorite Decoart project.  Be sure to head on over and cast your vote!

This week's guest judge is Rachel from Maybe Matilda.  The very first thing that struck me about Rachel's blog?  Her amazing crochet talent!  Seriously if you need a hat for anyone or even a crochet pattern -- visit the Maybe Matilda etsy shop!  Okay just one cutesy pic of a baby in a hat...mkay...then I promise I am done....


Rachel is famous for her lined paper tee.  Or at least famous in my book!


But you can also find other tutorials on her blog too!  Like this pillow....


Be sure to check out Rachel and all of her crafty endeavors!  We also asked Rachel some questions to get to know her a little better. 

How did you start crafting?
I've always loved working on creative projects, from writing and illustrating stories when I was little to disastrous attempts at learning to sew in high school, but I really got serious about crafting when I bought myself a sewing machine after I got married, and learned to knit and crochet shortly after (thanks to a few helpful neighbors and plenty of youtube videos!). I've loved playing with fabric and yarn ever since.

What's your favorite style (steam punk, modern, shabby, etc.)?
I always seem to gravitate to more modern styles--I love bright colors and fresh ideas--although there's certainly something to be said for tried-and-true classics. I think some trends stick around for a reason . . . because they work!

Besides crafting, what are your other hobbies?
I've always been a voracious reader (and I'm tickled pink that my 18-month old son's favorite place in the world is the library, which we visit 2 or 3 times a week); I also love baking, writing, and I'm trying to learn about photography. That last one seems to be a long, slow, and sometimes painful process.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me come join in this week! And of course, thank you for those kind words about me! I'm blushing :-) I love watching all the crafty talent here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel! It's so great to have you here this week! Lisa~

    ReplyDelete