Monday, June 20, 2011

Season 4 -- Week 4 -- Vote for your FAVE! THE FINALS!!

Time for the Beach Bash!!  Scroll to the bottom to vote for your fave!  This week is the finale!  Contestants were asked to make a beach themed project!  Let's see what they have got!




Beach Towel Rompers

 From BEACH TOWEL to BEACH WOW! You are going to love these Beach Towel Rompers for all of your Beach Bash Parties this Summer!

 Each Beach Towel Romper is made of a single towel and fits perfectly over your swim suit. Wear the Beach Romper to the Beach or to all of your Pool Parties this Summer. 

There was even had enough towel left over to make a coordinating beach bag!

You guys coming to the BEACH PARTY??













Anchor's Aweigh! - A Nod to the Nautical





I don't know about you, but I am LOVING all the nautical inspiration lately - it's everywhere!  Outdoor decor, homegoods and clothing lines!  I fell in love with Shabby Apple's new line immediately upon seeing it.  I decided that since this week's theme was "beach" there was no better way to give a nod to my new favorite trend than making a family of nautically inspired outfits!








For the fashionably nautical husband - a blue and white striped necktie (doubles as a Farther's Day present!).  For the little mister - easy, breezy elastic waist checked shorts and an adorable striped bow tie to match dad.  For the little miss - a paneled circle skirt complete with seashell-collecting pocket on the front, along with a matching headband.  And for mom - a simple striped boatneck T with a crocheted lace-embellished, lightweight cardigan and a few accessories.





Each item was made without a pattern or tutorial.  The boatneck t-shirt and yellow cardigan are refshions - though everything else was constructed from scratch.  There was much sewing, dyeing, hot gluing (for the earrings and ring - not the clothes!), and some swearing - I'm not gonna lie.  But in the end, our family of nautical-wear turned out precisely as I'd imagined it.


Perfect comfy clothes for looking chic and stylish at the beach - whether you are:





searching for shells, skipping stones, enjoying a good book, fishing, bird watching, taking a stroll or just enjoying the view.





Beach Themed Art
I am so excited to be in the final round this season!  I have been looking forward to our beach themed week all month!  We don't live near water but vacation to the beach frequently. 
We have a small bathroom that is generally only used by guests.  This was the perfect space to get creative with my beach themed project!
The transformation started with new art.  I used three 12" x 24" canvases to create something fun.  I love how the blue circles in the background give this a pop art feel!
Initially I planned to paint the largest wall of the bathroom blue but when I started using the stencil on the canvases, I knew it had to be added to the wall too.   
I'm anxious to show you the rest of this space!  Come visit me next week for more pictures and details about this project.
Thanks for letting me participate this month!  I've had so much fun!





TIME TO VOTE FOR YOUR FAVE!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my heck how do I choose?! Seriously I really think this is the first time I have been stumped in the finals!!! These ladies are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the beach canvas! :)
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cardigan refashion is amazing...and hello, I love me a kangaroo pocket on a skirt. Adorable! My daughter would love that. She collects rocks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tori's work is so creative. I just love everything she puts together!

    ReplyDelete